Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Media and Traveling: Blog Assignment 2 ENGLCOM

Traveling, Now what is traveling? Traveling is when you have new sorts of adventures to different places. There are many forms of traveling, mankind has found new ways to travel to different places. For example, we have the space shuttle, airplanes, boats, cars, bicycles, and the standard way, our feet. Some people have fears for traveling especially flight. I really do not know why. I can say, that I myself likes to travel and stay at home. Both would be a good idea. Traveling to different places would also mean experiencing different people, cuisine, sights, weather, and most importantly, culture. A person would travel for many reasons, like for instance, curiosity, finding whether it is a place for them to move into, sights and seeings, research work and many more.

I would say that I have not really traveled to many places, though I would say that I have had many adventures. One of my favorite places to travel would be Dumaguete. This is a place in Negros Occidental, it is very near my hometown. This place is known for its beaches. White sand, a relaxing huge body of water right in front of you, great food, and just watching the sun set. Not only is this place known for its beaches but for the great food. All varieties of food await you there. There would be Spanish, Swiss, German, Filipino and many many more in that town. It might be a 4-hour drive but I am really certain that it is worth the wait. This is why I love Dumaguete.

Now, does the media have any affiliation with traveling? Yes, yes it does. The media can greatly affect the perspective of viewers to a certain place if the media depicts that place to be big, wide, relaxing and beautiful but actually be, crowded, overrated, and boring. I would say that the media can affect the reputability of the place. The media can really affect the place by advertising, commercials and even if celebrities go to the place. Like if we see a celebrity in a certain place we would be like "Woah, Kim Kardashian is here!". All of the people would also assume that celebrities go to that place. Making that place a more popular and reputable. This is how media can affect the audience's perspective. So let us not just assume easily all the time, but instead research for ourselves how the place really is.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tom. Reflection should also focus on the media narrative example :) not just personal viewpoint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright Miss. Thank you for the advice. Haha

      Delete