Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Media and Millennial Generation: Assignment 1 in ENGLCOM

Now, what is Media and the Millennial generation?

Let me start off by describing or telling you what is the Millennial Generation. The Millennial Generation otherwise known as "Generation Y" is the generation after "Generation X" (People born in the 1960's-1980's). The Millennial generation are the people born from the 1990's to present date. This generation is my generation. The media may have different opinions of Generation Y, they may react and reflect on the things my generation does but my generation has a much more different set of attitudes than the other generations so I'm guessing the media would react differently about my generation.

Generation Y has a lot of bad attributes and is being criticized by different generations for its new or rather different ideas like for instance revealing fashion wear, youth going to bars, minors smoking and drinking alcohol, sex, teenage pregnancy, and drug addiction. The generation right now may not be as great as the generations before but with the right teachings and guidance, hopefully the next generation may have more good core-values. Though I am not implying that my generation may be the worst, rather I am saying that this generation may not be the best either.

In all honesty, media may also be the cause of the things done by the generation nowadays, there are so many things in the media reports that kids could freely see on the internet, the computer or maybe even in the newspaper. Media could be the bad influence in the generation today. There are so many bad things in this world that are happening and it could really be a factor of influence to the generation today.

Though let me elaborate further about my generation. How would you know that maybe generation Y could be a "late bloomer" in this world and learn from their past mistakes? Well, we really wouldn't know that, wouldn't we? Pretty much every now and then, I would meet friends of mine whom in the past, went to bars, partied frequently, smoked, drank frequently, probably slept around here and there and they would tell me they want a better life then what they had before. They seek CHANGE. Development into better human beings for the good of all mankind.  So, that is how I would describe the Millennial generation and the media hopefully change and development will occur for a better future for the good of our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment